When it comes to writing any content, the main factor that comes into play is originality—in other words, crafting content by avoiding plagiarism in all respects. It is possible by following some rules to avert plagiarism.
Tips for tackling plagiarism
Nowadays, plagiarism has plagued the world of content, and in an era when content is the king, the need of the hour is to check plagiarism. So, here are a few tips and tricks to tackle plagiarism:
- Copy-pasting from any source is a strict no-no, no matter how relevant and necessary that is for specific content. Instead of copy-pasting, the best alternative is to paraphrase. In other words, writing the same subject matter but in one’s own words and developing a unique content altogether. It completely takes care of the plagiarism problem. However, suppose any quotation is required to be given in content. In that case, it is always advisable to cite the original source from which it is being taken and always insert the same within inverted commas. Using block quotations can also help a lot in this particular aspect, and this technique works exceptionally well to check for plagiarism.
- Another prevalent mistake, which usually increases the chances of plagiarised content, is using long and complex paragraphs. It makes it difficult for the reader to understand as well. So, better to always stick to crisp and clear paraphrasing while writing any content. It is always desirable to develop an exclusive style of writing to gain a reputation as a writer. It helps to create an unparallel identity as a noted content writer, and one of the most effective ways to ensure that is to create concise content. Writing or creating any content is about putting new ideas to work by way of one’s creativity. Instead of wasting time and energy doing some unethical action called plagiarism, it is always prudent to make the maximum use of grey cells to curate fresh content with completely out-of-the-box ideas and writing patterns.
- The chances to produce duplicated content will minimize maximum if proper permission is taken while taking reference of any content, image, or photo from other sources. Plagiarism can lead to legal consequences if not being handled wisely, and here comes the concept of copyright. Whenever any written content or image or any other matter whatsoever is taken from a source, invariably permission must be taken from the copyright holder before using the same elsewhere. In other words, one should strictly follow the copyright rules, as avoiding plagiarism helps people to be safe from copyright infringement. It takes much effort, hard work, and dedication to create content, and copyright rules help safeguard the original content creator’s interests and respect the work. Moreover, freelance writers can always take assistance from the copyright holders while attributing any cited content. It ensures a healthy relationship between the both and forms the foundation of well-researched and beautifully written unique content.
- Plagiarism is just another form of stealing someone else’s work to reproduce in some other content. Ironically though, this habit of copying and writing plagiarised content has become so drastic and alarming that nowadays, even self-plagiarism has come into the picture. In other words, writers are taking references and attributions from their own earlier works. It is an entirely unacceptable practice when it comes to the field of content creation. Firstly, all the contents should be copyright protected. If someone is not copywriting self-content while transferring the same to the publisher, then a gross infringement of copyright is happening in such scenarios. Subsequently, there is no control over the works, and indiscriminate usage of the content is being done in future works by the same author repeatedly. It is better to keep away from self-plagiarism altogether to avoid this happening.
- Apart from the methods mentioned above of avoiding plagiarism, which is more or less qualitative, there are also technical ways to avert plagiarism. In other words, even after taking every step to control plagiarised content, how to be doubly sure of the fact that content is entirely free from plagiarism?
Here comes the necessity of a plagiarism checker. Several such kinds of tolls are available in the market that will help scan and see any final result. These will specifically highlight the areas, passages, words, or any other matter, which are plagiarised so that the same can be corrected and revised correctly. After all, the ultimate aim is to gain financially and reputation-wise, and a handy tool to check plagiarism can always be of immense help in this regard.
A writer must make a practice of writing innovative content rather than looking out for taking citations from other sources. It will help to strictly ward off plagiarism and the subsequent financial and reputational losses, not to mention the legal issues. Moreover, the pleasure of writing virgin content is undoubtedly unparalleled.