Cashless hospitalization turns out to be a boon in more ways. You need not worry about money in hand and focus on the treatment for you or your family during medical emergencies. You should ensure that your plan offers this facility as choosing a health insurance plan. These are all the things you need to know about cashless hospitalization and how it works.
What is Cashless Hospitalization?
Earlier, when health insurance companies offer reimbursement for the claim, the policyholder had to bear their treatment expenses from the pocket. However, conventional medical insurance policies provide cashless hospitalization. Under cashless treatment, you can admit to any network hospitals that are empaneled with health insurance companies.
Top Health Insurance Companies
Below are the top health insurance companies offer medical insurance plans in India with their cashless healthcare providers.
|Health Insurance Company||Cashless Healthcare Providers||Claim Settlement Ratio|
|Care Health Insurance||15500+||92.3%|
|Max Bupa Health Insurance||4500+||83.92%|
|Star Health||8800+||78. 15%|
Importance of Cashless Hospitalization
Cashless hospitalization is one of the seamless benefits that companies like Care Insurance, ICICI Lombard, Godigit, etc., offer to their customers. Below are it is significance:
- Cashless hospitalization takes away the burden of sudden medical expenses and helps you carry out the treatment without any hurdles.
- Certain health insurance companies offer an advantage of using the cashless hospitalization cover even when you travel to other places outside the country.
- Avail of immediate treatment during a medical emergency without getting into cumbersome paperwork or formalities and cash arrangement.
- You can also go for planned hospitalization as well, with no financial stress.
- You do not need to borrow money or take a medical loan for the treatment and avoid unnecessary financial implications.
- Network hospitals locator helps you choose the leading hospital near your residence to help you commute daily.
- Cashless hospitalization is a boon at corona crisis; you do not need to worry about your finances if God forbid you from needing to be hospitalized. Your treatment expenses will be taken care of by your health insurance company.
Important Things to Know About Cashless Hospitalization
Cashless hospitalization is helpful for many and made health insurance a necessity. Below are some essential things to know about cashless hospitalization:
Only Choose Network Hospitals:
You can get cashless hospitalization only at network hospitals empaneled with the health insurers.
Submit all the required documents, including hospital bills, diagnosis, doctor’s prescription, and treatment plan, to the claim management team and hospital.
You need to inform the claim management team about your hospitalization within 24 hours during an emergency and before 48 hours for planned hospitalization.
Read about the exclusion list to know whether your treatment is admissible under the policy coverage.
Medical insurance plans in India from Care Insurance or other leading brands come with cashless hospitalization facility. You can opt for any of them according to your healthcare requirements. It helps you to avail the best possible treatment and the financial cushion during a medical emergency.