Varicose veins are the damaged veins that bulge out through the skin surface due to pooling of blood. The accumulation of the blood inside veins is the result of dysfunctional valves that maintain the unidirectional flow. Thus, these veins keep on swelling and cause a lot of pain, heaviness and burning sensation.
Varicose veins arise due to prolonged constant high pressure on the veins. Thus, obese people, pregnant female are at are more prone to developing varicose veins.
Other causes of varicose veins include:
- Wearing uncomfortable high heels regularly for long hours
- Work that requires a person to remain seated or stand for hours
- Eating lots of junk and leading an inactive lifestyle
Hence, the quality of life you lead has a lot to decide about your chances of getting varicose veins. It is difficult to juggle between demanding work life and keeping a healthy schedule, especially if you live in a city like Bangalore.
The impacts of varicose veins go beyond the unappealing aesthetic concern. Not paying proper attention to the early signs and symptoms can lead to much severe complications.
Thus, reaching out to a doctor for proper diagnosis and suitable treatment is the wisest thing to get rid of these bulging veins. Yes, there are numerous treatment options available for varicose veins, but most of them cannot guarantee permanent relief. And, it is understandable that it is ofcourse disappointing and frustrating to again undergo the treatment for the same problem.
Therefore, you should be well informed about the modern permanent way to say goodbye to those pesky varicose veins.
Laser Treatment – The permanent treatment for varicose veins
Laser treatment is the most technologically advanced treatment procedure available for varicose veins. It uses state-of-the-art laser technology for curing the damaged veins, that too in just one day!
Laser varicose veins treatment does not carry out any incisions or cuts on the body and is 100% non invasive. In this precise surgical procedure, the surgeon makes use of a beam of high intensity laser energy to seal off the ends of the damaged veins. Doing so blocks the flow of blood through the swollen veins and reroutes it to other healthier veins. Over time, the damaged veins collapse and eventually scar away without causing any problems.
The procedure of laser treatment does not inflict any pain. It takes only about 30-40 minutes for the treatment to complete and then you can go home on the same day. There is absolutely no risk of intraoperative or postoperative complications or problems. After the surgery, the recovery is also very fast and free of any major restrictions. Your doctor will ask you to take a few precautionary measures and you’ll be good to go back to your routine life in less than a week.
Moreover, the success rate of laser treatment for varicose veins is as high as 100%. This means that there are negligible chances of recurrence and you can get permanent relief from the throbbing pain of varicose veins.
Owing to its numerous advantages over the conventional and complex open surgery procedure, laser treatment is gaining wide popularity rapidly. Many hospitals are now shifting to laser surgery for the treatment of varicose veins. Thus, it won’t be very difficult for you to find a hospital offering the surgery in Bangalore.
The catch, however, lies in choosing a good and trustworthy healthcare provider. If you are struggling with varicose veins and are looking for a reliable hospital for laser varicose veins surgery in Bangalore, you can get in touch with Pristyn Care. They are partnered with the best vascular surgeons and hospitals in Bangalore and other metro cities as well. They use USFDA approved techniques for the surgery.
After laser surgery- What to expect and tips for faster recovery
- You will be able to walk comfortably after the surgery. However, it is better not to drive home on your own.
- A little pain and swelling is nothing to worry about. Just wear compression stockings for a few days and the problem will resolve. But remember to take them off before going to bed at night.
- Stay away from high-impact and vigorous activities. Try to minimize the pressure on your lower body as much as you can.
- Gradually increase your activity hours. Start by walking and then you can start low intensity exercises and yoga to improve the blood circulation.
- Make sure to drink enough water throughout the day. Also, switch to a healthy, nutritious and fiber-rich diet.
- Do not lift any heavy weights for a few days after the surgery.
- Maintain regular follow-ups with your doctor and keep him/her updated about your recovery. If you notice anything unusual, contact your doctor without delay.
Anybody can suffer from varicose veins, there is no sure shot way to prevent it. But yes, following a healthy lifestyle keeps them from appearing to a great extent. And if you are already struggling with the condition, the right time to seek medical treatment is now. Timely treatment will not just take your troubles away, but also save you from any unpleasant conditions. So delay no more, contact a specialist doctor today.