Established in 1952 as a statutory body, ESIC or Employees’ State Insurance Corporation is administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and governed by the rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948. It has its headquarters in New Delhi, India, and was established to provide social security and health insurance to Indian workers. Once the ESIC UDC Notification is released, willing aspirants are expected to apply via online mode to compete for a chance to work in this esteemed organisation.
Let’s take a look at a few essential things that you must know about the ESIC Recruitment held throughout the country.
- The ESIC UDC Exam consists of 3 stages, namely, Prelims, Mains and Computer Skill Test. Candidates will have to qualify every stage to be known as ESIC UDC qualified.
- Prelims – The Preliminary exam of UDC is objective in nature. The exam is divided into four sections with a total mark of total 200. There are 100 questions and every question carries 2 marks and by the virtue of negative marking, 1/4th mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The medium in which the Prelims paper is conducted is bilingual and the score obtained in Prelims is not considered while preparing the final merit list. After the candidate has appeared for this exam, they can proceed to check their ESIC UDC Prelims result on the official website in a few weeks time.
- Mains – The Mains exam for Upper Division Clerk also consists of 4 sections. There are 200 questions in total and each question carries one mark. Therefore, the total marks for this exam adds up to 200 and as previously, 1/4th mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Computer Skill Test – It is a descriptive Type Written Examination including the following sections: PPT Slide Preparation – 10 Marks, Typing Master with correct Formatting on MS Word – 20 Marks, MS Excel Formula using Formulae in sheets and cells – 20 Marks. The total time for this skill evaluation test is 30 minutes.
- The eligibility criteria requires that one should have a minimum age limit of 18 years and a maximum of 27 years. Also, the candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee, or simply a candidate of Indian origin who has shifted to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam, intending to permanently settle in India.
- After selection, the payscale is as per the latest 7th pay commission. The candidates will be able to earn an extra handful of the amount owing to various allowances and along with that, certain perks, benefits, and incentives by which the aspirants can upgrade their lifestyles to a whole new level.
We believe you have found this article useful and informative. All the candidates who are qualified will be eligible for recruitment across the country. An employee can expect a promotion after serving continuously for three years, which is also subject to change in view of the number of vacancies available at that particular time. The next position will be offered as an assistant, where a candidate must serve for at least 3 years again and then get a final promotion to attain the post of Social Security Officer with an even higher salary. For deserving applicants, the ESIC UDC Exam offers a great opportunity to make their lifestyle great. We wish all the candidates good luck in their exam.